Starter Set, CNC, Tormach TTS
Part Number: 2440
Weight: 30.0 lb
Share This Page
- Complete set for CNC operations includes 15 tool holders
- Minimal clearance height for tool change
- Repeatable tool positioning
- All tool holders are hardened and precision ground
- Tool height presetting set included
CNC operations work best with one holder for each tool in order to make use of the tool length compensation table in the CNC controller. This function also requires a system for measuring the mounted tools. The CNC set includes a total of 15 tool holders plus a tool measuring set.
The Tormach Tool Assistant Set includes 8" digital height gauge (measurement accuracy +/-0.0005"), USB interface cable with touch trigger, manual, and Tool Assistant software.
This is an outstanding value and a great way to get started with a CNC that has been retrofitted from a manual machine. If your CNC machine supports a tool offset table but you’re not using it, then you’re not realizing the full benefit of CNC machining.
Tool switching with the Tormach Tooling System (TTS) is extremely easy: Simply loosen the drawbar, slide out the current tool holder, then slip in the next and retighten. The unique geometry of the TTS tool holder ensures that, as the drawbar is tightened, the tool holder moves into an exact Z height while increasing rigidity. Each TTS holder has a shoulder that is undercut so it contacts the spindle itself, not the end of the collet. As the drawbar is tightened the collet will simultaneously squeeze the shank and be pulled upward into the spindle taper. This simultaneous action, grasping while moving up, pulls the tool holder tightly against the spindle face. The high-pressure contact between the shoulder of the tool holder and the spindle is the equivalent of a zero tolerance fit; the vertical location (Z-height) of the tool is exact. The initial placement, created by simply sliding the tool holder up until it stops, is normally within a few thousandths of an inch. The final location, after tightening the collet, is exact, highly repeatable, and not affected by the variable tension of the drawbar or wear on the collet.
Here is the complete Tormach Tooling System Catalog and the Tormach Tooling System Manual.
Here is an animated graphic showing how the Tormach Tooling System works.
Here is a picture showing how the Tormach Tooling System works.
2 3/8” Set Screw Tool Holders
2 1/4” Set Screw Tool holders
4 1/2” Set Screw Tool Holders
3 ER20 Collet Holders
9 of the most popular ER20 collets (3 ea of 1/8”, 1/4”, 3/8”)
4 drill chucks and JT adaptors
8” Digital Height Gauge
Compact Granite Surface Plate with integrated locating hole
Precision TTS-R8 collet
TTS Tool Tray
Tormach Tool Assistant Software for PC and Manual
USB interface cable with touch trigger
Wrenches and installation tools
This product works with mills with a 3 Morse taper spindle taper and a R8 spindle taper including:
- Grizzly G0516 Lathe Mill Combo
- Bolton XJ9510 Mill/Drill
- Cummins (Tools Now) 7877 Mini Mill
- Grizzly G8689 Mini Milling Machine
- Harbor Freight 44991 Central Machinery Mini Mill/Drill
- Hare & Forbes HM-10 Mini Mill Drill
- Homier 03947 Speedway Mini Mill
- Micro-Mark 82573 MicroLux Milling Machine
- SIEG X2/SX2 Mini Mill
- Grizzly G0781 Mini Mill
- Micro-Mark 84630 MicroLux R8 Milling Machine
- LittleMachineShop.com 3960 HiTorque Mini Mill
- LittleMachineShop.com 4962 SIEG Mini Mill
- LittleMachineShop.com 3900 HiTorque Mini Mill
- LittleMachineShop.com 3990 HiTorque Mini Mill
- LittleMachineShop.com X2D SIEG Mini Mill
- SIEG X2L/SX2L Mini Mill
- SIEG X2LF/SX2LF Mini Mill
- G0758 Mill / Drill
- Grizzly G0619 Mill / Drill
- Grizzly G0759 Mill/Drill
- Grizzly G0704 Drill / Mill
- Grizzly G0463 Mill / Drill
- Harbor Freight 93885 Central Machinery Milling and Drilling Machine
- LittleMachineShop.com 5500 HiTorque Bench Mill
- SIEG SX3 Mill / Drill
- SIEG X3 Small Mill
- SIEG X2.7/SX2.7 Bench Mill
- Grizzly G3102, G3103 Vertical Mill
- Tabletop Mill/drill
- Rong Fu RF-xx Milling & Drilling Machine
Click here to see the tabs view of this page.
Copyright © 2007-2017 LittleMachineShop.com
Phone: (800) 981-9663