HiTorque Mini Mill, Tilting Column
Part Number: 3900
Weight: 171.00 lb
Share This Page
- Most powerful mill in its class & most low-speed torque in its class
- No gears in spindle drive
- Largest table and X-Y travel in its class
- R8 spindle (Includes R8 to 33JT drill chuck arbor, but no drill chuck)
The LittleMachineShop.com HiTorque Mini Mill is the best in its class. It has the most power, most torque, and a larger table than other mills in its class.
The 500 Watt brushless spindle drive motor provides tremendous low-end torque. And you can vary the speed from 50 RPM to 2500 RPM continuously. There are no gears to shift. And, with no gears, the HiTorque Mini Mill is the quietest in its class.
The large mill table provides 50% more table area than other mini mills. It also has 30% more travel in each direction. The resettable feed dials allow you to zero them at any point.
The HiTorque Mini Mill has drill press handles for drilling and fast motion of the mill's head. It also has Z-axis fine feed with 0.001" resolution for milling operations.
*NOTE* We ship machines only to the US and Canada.
You can compare the specifications for our mills.The LittleMachineShop.com HiTorque Mini Mill does not come with a drill chuck as many other mini mills do. That's because the drill chucks provided by the factory do not meet our quality standards (read: they're junk). We had them put the value of the drill chuck into other parts of the mill, like the large X-Y table that is unique to LittleMachineShop.com.
Get one of these drill chucks and you will be in business.Let's compare the LittleMachineShop.com HiTorque Mini Mills.
The model 3900 has a column that tilts 45 degrees from side to side. This has several advantages. First, it is easy to make angled cuts. It's also easy to tram in the X-axis. At least one user has described to me a cut that was impossible to make any way but using a tilting column.
The model 3960 has a solid column. While it is harder to tram in the X-axis because you must use shims, it is not as easy to knock it out of tram as the tilting column mini mill. The solid column has thicker walls than the tilting column, and a stiffer joint where it joins the base, so the column is more rigid than the tilting column.Here are data sheets for the machines that we sell.Here are the user's guides for our machines.Here's what you need to convert the HiTorque Mini Mill to CNC. (But be sure you look at our CNC Milling Machine before you start).
- 500 Watt output spindle motor
- Large X-Y table
- R8 Spindle for wide tool availability
- Column tilts 45° either side of vertical
- Dovetail column maintains head alignment at any height
- Fine feed on Z-axis for precise control
- Three radial handles for drilling
- E-stop safety power switch
- Adjustable Z-axis stop for repetitive drilling
- Neoprene bellows protect horizontal ways
- Adjustable gibs on all dovetail ways
- Includes R8 to 33JT drill chuck arbor (no drill chuck)
|End Milling Capacity
||0.6" (16 mm)
|Face Milling Capacity
||1.2" (30 mm)
||0.5" (13 mm)
|| 18.1" x 4.7" (460 mm x 120 mm)
||3 slots 0.47" (12.0 mm) wide
||11.8" (300 mm)
||5.1" (130 mm)
||9.3" (235 mm)
||6.5" (165 mm)
|X- and Y-Axis Feed Screws
||0.062" (1.59 mm) per rotation
||45°- 0° - 45°
||0.0004" (0.010 mm)
||0.67 hp (500 Watts)
||100 - 2500 RPM
||120 V 60 Hz 8 Amps
||119 lbs (54 kg)
|Base Dimensions (W x D)
|| 8.50" x 14.25" (215.9 mm x 361.9 mm)
|Mounting Holes Center to Center (W x D)
|| 7.00" x 11.88" (177.8 mm x 301.6 mm)
|Overall Dimensions (W x D x H)
|| 23.2" x 19.7" x 29.1" (590 mm x 500 mm x 740 mm)
||156 lbs (71 kg)
|Crate Dimensions (W x D x H)
|| 23.6" x 23.6" x 29.9" (600 mm x 600 mm x 760 mm)
The HiTorque Mini Mill comes with the following:
- Mini Mill Users Guide written by Chris Wood
- Two T-slot nuts
- Three end wrenches
- Four hex (Allen) wrenches
- One spanner wrench
- Oil can (plastic)
- One R8 to 33JT drill chuck arbor
This product works with these LittleMachineShop.com products:
- 1676 Arbor, Drill Chuck R8 to 33JT
- 3811 Digital Position Readout, 3-Axis DRO Pros Mill
- 4239 Digital Position Readout, 3-Axis Magnetic Scale DRO Pros Mill
- 2665 Digital Position Readout, 3-Axis Shooting Star
- 1212 Drill Chuck, 1/2"
- 1660 Drill Chuck, 1/2" Keyless
- 3153 Drill Chuck, 1/2" Professional Grade
- 4211 Power Feed Kit, HiTorque Mini Mill
- 3818 Tachometer, Spindle 3900 & 4100
- 3489 Tooling Package, R8 Mini Mill
These machines ship by truck because they are simply too heavy for UPS. We add the following shipping cost to your order total:
||Other Continental US
|Delivery to commercial address
|Delivery to freight terminal
|Delivery to residential address
These shipping charges cover the cost of shipping the machine and anything else that you purchase with it, including a second (and third) machine.
A "commercial address" is one with a company name, a public entrance and posted hours of operation. If you don't have a forklift or loading dock at your place of business, you must add the liftgate fee. (Trucking companies always include the liftgate charge for residential deliveries.)
"Local" refers to the parts of Southern California served by Hollywood Delivery Service.
"Far West" refers to ten western states: CA, OR, WA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NM, CO, WY.
Let us know in the Special Instructions box if you want delivery to the nearest truck company terminal rather than to your home or business.
For delivery to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, or Canada, we will check with several trucking companies to get the best price and then call for your approval before we ship.
We ship machines only to the US and Canada. Shipping to Canada can be a hassle because you need to find a customs broker to handle the importing; this service alone can add $150 to your total cost.
Click here to see the tabs view of this page.