Band Saw, Bench Top
- Uses widely available 44-7/8" blades
- Two blade speeds
- 3" (80 mm) x 4" (100 mm) capacity
- Comes with a 14 TPI bi-metal blade
- Includes stand with quick-adjusting cast iron vise
This small bench top band saw is perfect for the small shop. It's got the capacity of larger floor-standing saws but takes a fraction of the space. Cast iron vise swivels for angle cuts.
The two speed motor makes it great for ferrous (read: steel) and non-ferrous (read: aluminum) metals.
It's quieter and more accurate than chop saws.
It takes less than 5 minutes to remove the saw from the base and configure it for portable use.
The double-chain drive makes this table top band saw more rugged than the competition and the dual ball-bearing blade guides increase accuracy and improve blade life.
Our bench-top band saw has two speeds. Use low speed for steel and other harder materials. Use high speed for aluminum and other non-ferrous metals. High speed works well for wood and plastic, too.
I found a great rule of thumb in Cutting Tool Engineering for selecting the correct band saw blade. It's the rule of 3, 6, 12, 24. You want at least three teeth on the work all the time, you don't want more than 24 teeth on the work at any one time, and what you would like is between 6 and 12 teeth on the work all the time.
|Low Cutting Speed||105 FPM (58 m/Min)|
|High Cutting Speed||280 FPM (85 m/Min)|
|Blade Size||44.88" x 0.5" x 0.02" (1140 mm x 13 mm x 0.6 mm)|
|Round Tube Capacity||3" (80 mm)|
|Round Bar Capacity||4" (100 mm)|
|Rectangle Capacity||3" x 4" (80 mm x 100 mm)|
|Cutting Angle||0 to 45 Degrees|
|Power Requirements||120 V 60 Hz 8 Amps|
|Shipping Weight||39 lbs (18 kg)|
|Base Dimensions (W x D)||18.5" x 10.6" (470 mm x 270 mm)|
|Overall Dimensions (W x D x H)||22.8" x 11.6" x 25.2" (580 mm x 295 mm x 640 mm)|
This product works with these LittleMachineShop.com products:
- 4936 Band Saw Blade, 44-7/8", Univerz Bi-Metal 10-14/S, Starrett
- 4932 Band Saw Blade, 44-7/8", Univerz Bi-Metal 10/S, Starrett
- 4937 Band Saw Blade, 44-7/8", Univerz Bi-Metal 14-18/W, Starrett
- 4933 Band Saw Blade, 44-7/8", Univerz Bi-Metal 14/S, Starrett
- 4934 Band Saw Blade, 44-7/8", Univerz Bi-Metal 18/W, Starrett
- 4935 Band Saw Blade, 44-7/8", Univerz Bi-Metal 24/W, Starrett
- 4931 Band Saw Blades, 44-7/8", Porta-Band Bi-Metal, Individual Sizes, Starrett