Power Lift System, HiTorque Bench Mill
- For 6500 & 6550 HiTorque Bench Mills
- Controlled by motor control toggle switch
- Switch is mounted to the system plate and has three momentary positions: up, off, and down.
- 120V AC powered reversible gearmotor
- Made in precision machining centers in the U.S.A.
There is a small knob for manual Z-axis movement giving it the ability to make fine adjustments manually. Does not interfere with Z-axis DRO use.
High-torque motor which generates about 75 - 79 dB of sound.
I have found that most people are not familiar with how a tapered gib works and how to adjust it. I recommend locking the headstock and removing the gib and adjustment screws, and thoroughly clean and lube the Z gib and ways, then install the gib in a loose position. After the Power Lift is installed, you can snug the gib to a point where it does not interfere with the smooth operation of the Power Lift.
I also recommend not using the Power Lift near the limits of travel because the ways get tighter and typically bind at these points. Bottom line, if there is too much friction in the vertical movement of the headstock, the drive gear in the gearbox will strip and the motor will need to be replaced.
Before installing the Power Lift and following the advice above, you can test the movement of the headstock using the handwheel along the length of the Z travel to make sure it is smooth and there is no binding.
This product works with the following mills. (If your machine is not on this list, we cannot verify compatibility.)
- LittleMachineShop.com 5500 HiTorque Bench Mill
- LittleMachineShop.com 6500 HiTorque Bench Mill
- SIEG SX2.7 Bench Mill
- LittleMachineShop.com 5550 HiTorque Bench Mill
- LittleMachineShop.com 6550 HiTorque Bench Mill
- SIEG SX2.7L Bench Mill