Quick Change Tool Holder - Lathe Bit Rapid Retractor, 0XA
- Works with 0XA tool post
- Makes threading easier and safer
- Made in the USA
Insert and secure a threading tool bit in the rapid retractor holder, put the rapid retractor in your 0XA tool post, and tighten in place.
Move the rapid retractor toggle handle into the down position and use your lathe positioning to locate your bit to its starting place for cutting a thread. Cut your thread as you would normally, but at the end of your thread cut rather than having to quickly crank back your cross feed you simply flip up the toggle lever to rapidly retract the bit. It snaps your bit back approximately 0.200".
You may now easily move your tool back to its starting location for cutting your next pass of the thread you are cutting. Move the toggle lever down to reset your tool bit back to cutting position and take your next pass.
|Lever up retracts bit|
|Lever down engages bit|
|Tool bit retracted position|
|Tool bit engaged position|
|Tool bit retracted from work piece|
|Tool bit engaged to work piece|
This product works with these LittleMachineShop.com products:
- 4083 Quick Change Tool Post Set, 0XA for 8x12, 8x14 Lathe
- 4046 Quick Change Tool Post Set, 0XA for 9x20 Lathe
- 4058 Quick Change Tool Post Set, 0XA for Atlas/Craftsman 6"
- 4157 Quick Change Tool Post Set, 0XA for G0768
- 4101 Quick Change Tool Post Set, 0XA for HiTorque Bench Lathe
- 4039 Quick Change Tool Post Set, 0XA for Sherline and Taig
- 3048 Quick Change Tool Post Set, 0XA, Mini Lathe, 4-Degree Cut-Off
- 3112 Quick Change Tool Post Set, 0XA, Mini Lathe, Horizontal Cut-Off
- 3113 Quick Change Tool Post, 0XA