Loctite 7649 Primer for Threadlockers
- 0.88 Oz. net weight
Weight: 0.10 lb
LOCTITE® 7649™ is used where increased cure speed of LOCTITE® anaerobic products is required. The threadlocker primer is especially recommended for applications with passive metals or inert surfaces and with large bond gaps. LOCTITE® 7649™ is particularly recommended when prevailing temperature is low (<15 °C).
- Spray or brush on the activator on both mating surfaces to be bonded. For small gaps, treatment of only one surface may be adequate. Contaminated surfaces may need repeated treatment or special degreasing prior to activation to remove any dissolvable contamination. Porous surfaces may need two treatments of activator.
- Allow the solvent time to evaporate under good ventilation until the surfaces are completely dry.
- After activation, parts should be bonded within 1- month. Contamination of the surface before bonding should be prevented.
- Apply the Loctite Anaerobic product to one or both surfaces and assemble parts immediately.
- Where possible, move surfaces in relation to each other for a few seconds on assembly to properly distribute the adhesive and for maximum activation..
- Secure the assembly and await fixturing before any further handling.
|WARNING: This product can expose you to acetone, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and/or reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.|