HiTorque Large Bench Mill
- 1000 watt (1-1/3 hp) brushless DC variable speed drive
- Large 29.1" x 7.1" (740 mm x 180 mm) table
- Spindle speed range 80-5000 rpm
- Digital position readout on quill, digital spindle speed display
- Tapping mode for reversing taps out
The LittleMachineShop.com HiTorque Large Bench Mill 6700 is our largest mill -- a significant step up in size, rigidity, and power compared to a mini mill, or even our bench mill. This benchtop mill provides a larger table, more travel, and more horsepower.
A 1000 watt (1-1/3 hp) brushless DC motor provides abundant spindle power and tremendous low-end torque. A simple belt change switches between low range and high range, giving you continuously variable spindle speeds from 80-5000 rpm.
The 29.1" x 7.1" (740 mm x 180 mm) table provides a large work area.
The HiTorque Bench Mill incorporates a true quill and drill press-style handles for easy drilling. A button on the end of each handle reverses the spindle to make tapping easy.
Like our smaller mills, the 6700 HiTorque Large Bench Mill has an R8 spindle for wide tool availability.
The control panel includes a digital spindle speed display. A separate display provides digital position readout for the quill.
A handy magnetic "tool box" on the side of the column provides a convenient place for the spindle wrench and drawbar wrench.
This mill is a version of the SIEG SX3.5.
WARNING: At over 350 pounds, you and your buddies can't lift this onto your bench. You will need an engine hoist, forklift, or other mechanical assist to move this machine.
- 1000 Watt (1-1/3 hp) brushless DC spindle drive
- R8 Spindle for wide tool availability
- NSK brand Japanese-quality spindle bearings
- 0.001" graduated dials, 0.100" per turn
- Digital position readout on the quill reads in inches and mm
- Resume running at last-used spindle speed
- Tapping mode for backing taps out and for running in reverse direction
- Solid rectangular column for rigidity
- Dovetail column maintains head alignment at any height
- Large 29.1" x 7.1" (740 mm x 180 mm) X-Y table with anodized handwheels
- E-stop safety power switch
- Spindle speed display on control panel
- Spindle fine feed and position lock
- Fine feed on Z-axis for precise control
- Adjustable gibs on all dovetail ways
- Includes R8 to 33JT drill chuck arbor and drill chuck
- Magnetic "tool zone" on column for storing drawbar wrench
|End Milling Capacity||0.8" (20 mm)|
|Face Milling Capacity||3.0" (75 mm)|
|Drilling Capacity||1.2" (30 mm)|
|Table Size||29.1" x 7.1" (740 mm x 180 mm)|
|T-Slots||3 slots 0.47" (12.0 mm) wide|
|X-Axis Travel||20.2" (513 mm)|
|Y-Axis Travel||8.5" (215 mm)|
|Z-Axis Travel||11.8" (300 mm)|
|Throat||9.1" (230 mm)|
|X- and Y-Axis Feed Screws||0.100" (2.54 mm) per rotation|
|Quill Travel||3.1" (78 mm)|
|Maximum Spindle to Table||13.4" (340 mm)|
|Positioning Accuracy||0.0004" (0.010 mm)|
|Spindle Motor||1.34 hp (1000 Watts)|
|Spindle Speed, Low Range||80 - 1500 RPM|
|Spindle Speed, High Range||280 - 5000 RPM|
|Power Requirements||120 V 60 Hz 14 Amps|
|Machine Weight||343 lbs (156 kg)|
|Base Dimensions (W x D)||11.0" x 20.1" (280 mm x 510 mm)|
|Mounting Holes Center to Center (W x D)||9.45" x 14.17" (240.0 mm x 360.0 mm)|
|Overall Dimensions (W x D x H)||37.0" x 30.5" x 36.5" (940 mm x 775 mm x 927 mm)|
|Crated Weight||403 lbs (183 kg)|
|Crate Dimensions (W x D x H)||37.5" x 32.7" x 42.0" (952 mm x 831 mm x 1067 mm)|
|Quill digital readout|
|X-axis hand wheel|
|Magnetic tool zone|
The HiTorque Bench Mill comes with the following:
- Bench Mill Users Guide
- Multi-V belt and toothed belt
- One 5/8" drill chuck, R8 arbor, and chuck key
- Two T-slot nuts
- Four end wrenches
- Six hex (Allen) wrenches
- One spindle wrench
- Oil can (plastic)
These machines ship by truck because they are simply too heavy and bulky for UPS Parcel Service. We normally ship truck orders a day or two after we receive the order. We add the following shipping cost to your order total:
March 1, 2022 - Recent and unprecedented price increases in truck freight, especially to residential addresses, has required us to increase the cost of our truck freight. We hope the future will see a return to normal and historical costs, but until then freight delivery costs have increased.
|Local||Far West||Other Continental US|
|Delivery to freight terminal (within 50 miles/1 hour)||$125||$125||$155|
|Delivery to commercial address||$99||$135||$165|
|Delivery to school or secured location||$99||$175||$195|
|*Liftgate (added to any above)||Incl.||+ $50||+ $50|
Delivery to residential address (includes appointment & liftgate)
|$99||$175 + $50 = $225||$195 + $50 = $245|
"Far West" refers to ten western states: CA, OR, WA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NM, CO, WY.
"Local" refers to the parts of Southern California served by Hollywood Delivery Service.
For delivery to Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico, we will check with several trucking companies to get the best price and then call for your approval before we ship.
We ship machines only to the US and Canada.
Truck Freight shipping to Canada involves 3 distinct charges in addition to the product costs. (All amounts are in US Dollars, see the current mid-market exchange rate.)
- Canadian Provincial Taxes (GST, PST, HST) depending on which province the shipment is going to. This will be 5% - 15% added to total sales amount depending on province (Canadian Sales Tax).
- Hemisphere Customs Brokerage which handles all customs clearance requirements. This is a flat fee of $108 on any shipment.
- Truck Freight from Southern California to destination in Canada. This is generally $300-$500 for residential liftgate delivery and appointment for single machine + tooling orders. Delivery to a terminal for pick-up or a commercial location with loading capabilities can reduce this cost substantially.
To get a quotation that includes the shipping costs, add the products you want to the shopping cart and continue the checkout process until you reach the Payment page. On the Payment page, select the Quotation option. We will add the shipping costs and return a complete quotation to you within one business day.
- Only 1 charge for entire pallet (up to 700 pounds total). The shipping charges shown above cover the cost of shipping the machine and anything else that you purchase with it, including a second (or third) machine, stand, tooling, and accessories.
- A "commercial address" has a company name, a public entrance and posted hours of operation. If you do not have a forklift or loading dock at your place of business, you must add the liftgate fee. If you are running a business at your residence without a public entrance and posted company name and hours of operation it is considered a residence and a not commercial address.
- Schools, colleges, universities, university hospitals, military bases, government facilities and other secured locations are charged a limited access fee that is included in the amounts in the chart above.
- If you choose Terminal Pickup, and there is not a terminal within 50 miles (or 1 hour), we will confirm with you that you still want Terminal Pickup. Terminals tend to be off highways (usually miltiple intersecting) and industrial centers. Only certain terminal allow pick-up.
- Liftgate service is included in the residential delivery fee. The trucking company will call you to schedule the delivery.
Some carriers offer Inside Delivery which gets the machine inside one doorway or into your garage. If you select this we will confirm availability before shipping:
|Local||Far West||Other Continental US|
Gets the machine inside 1 threshold (NO stairs, NO gravel, NO tight corners, etc.)
This is simply pushing pallet jack to move crate a little closer to destination or up driveway into garage. NO Uncrating. NO Setup.
Once shipment in transit carrier can not change service or refund charge. CALL IF QUESTIONS...